Friday, April 2, 2010
Castlepoint Shopping Centre Bournemouth
Castlepoint is a huge shopping area located on the edge of Bournemouth. It’s the perfect place to go with friends and with your family to have a good time. Castlepoint has 40 stores and restaurants built over 645,000 sq ft of retail space.
Address: Castle Lane West, Bournemouth, BH8 9UZ
Phone: 01202 510050
Castlepoint Opening Times
Monday to Friday: 9 am to 8 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 7 pm
Sunday: 10:30 am to 4:30 pm
Castlepoint has the largest stores in the region for Next, Marks and Spencer and B & Q Warehouse. Gap at Castlepoint is their first to open in the region. Marks & Spencer trade on three floors, B & Q Warehouse and Next on two floors with Asda, Sainsbury's and the unit shopping trading on large single floors. Castlepoint is built on two levels with car parking on ground and deck levels. Castlepoint offers 3,000 car spaces with both disabled and parent and child spaces located on ground and deck level. The centre offers 4 hours free parking to customers. Genuine customers can request for such a restriction to be lifted for the duration of their visit and details of the vehicle will be recorded at the Castlepoint Management Suite, located on ground level, underneath Argos.
Some interesting facts:
* Castlepoint is built on a 41 acre site 'the equivalent of 16 football pitches!
* More than a million facing bricks have been used in the construction of Castlepoint.
* 3,500 tonnes of structural steel have been used!
* 40,000 cubic cubic metres of concrete with approximately 6,500 cubic metres of in-situ concrete (poured rather than already cast) have been used on the car park deck alone!
* 50,000 sp m of tarmac has been used throughout the project including the service yards and the car park!
* 43,000 sq m of roofing keeps the rain at bay!
* 13,000 sq m of cladding have been incorporated into Castlepoint!
* As part of the extensive planting scheme at Castlepoint, there are in the region of 200 trees including 8 Oak trees.
Castlepoint offers you a lot of stores:
- Clothes and Shoe shops:
casual or formal clothes
Barratts, H&M, River Island, Monsoon, Miss Selfridge, GAP, New Look, Evans, Dorothy Perkins, Burton, T.K.Maxx, Top Shop,Next, Wallis, Principles, Clarks, M&S
JD Sport, SportsDirect.com
- Health and Beauty shops: cosmetics, medicine, perfume…
- Supermarkets: where you can buy everything you need: food, vegetables, clothes, bread…
Sainsbury’s, ASDA (24 hours), Mark & Spencer
- Book, DVD and Electrical shops: DVD, Video Games, CDs, electrical appliances…
Virgin Megastore, Waterstone’s, WH Smith, Argos Extra, Robert Dyas
- Places to eat:
McDonald’s (inside ASDA), Caffe Néro, Frankie & Benny’s, Nando’s, Thorntons Cafe